Monday, June 30, 2008

Mental Health Morning

The kids and I are taking a mental health morning. We've been so busy for the last couple of weeks, and we need it. Big Girl and Two are lolling on the sofa watching Noggin (Jack's Big Music Show is on now - love it!), and I am, obviously, on my laptop. Sitting in Hubs' recliner with a box fan aimed at myself. Drinking coffee, naturally.

My coffee obsession has insprired me to investigate more ways to incorporate coffee into my cooking and baking. I will report back on my results.

I'm also looking into options for a short weekend jaunt for next month. Hubs and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary in July, and he suggested that we pawn off the kids on my parents and take a trip one weekend. I honestly can't remember the last time we had time together without the kids, or the last time we took a vacation. He suggested a trip back to Virginia, to stay at a lodge near the place where he proposed, and while I love the idea, I think it may be a bit too far for a weekend trip, given the time and amount of gas necessary to get there. He begrudgingly agrees (why do I have to be the sensible one?), so we're looking at options closer to home. I've found a few bed and breakfast places that are possibilities, plus a resort place that has a spa (oh, how I love the prospect of a massage - and Hubs would enjoy it, too). So now I just need Hubs to firm up the date, and we'll make some plans.

Big Girl and Two wore their new "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" shirts yesterday to our family reunion. My aunt and uncle brought the shirts back from Universal Studios on their recent trip to Florida, and the kids look adorable. At first, Big Girl was confused by the "1" because, she insisted, she is four. But I think I finally got her to understand that she had a "1" because she was born first, and she's older than her bro.

WWE has nothing on these kids. I don't know what has gotten into them, but they are wrestling and climbing all over each other. Two keeps bodyslamming Big Girl. I guess I should break this up before someone gets hurt.

No comments: