Thursday, June 26, 2008

*le sigh*

Vacation Bible School is over. I think everyone - teachers, youth, and kids - was exhausted by today. My kids are passed out, which isn't so unusual in Two's case, as he's a big fan of naps still, but Big Girl actually told me she wanted to take her nap before swim class, so I know she's tired from all of the activity. I won't say that it went entirely smoothly, but next year our church will likely be holding a separate VBS (we had it at our place but combined with another church that's in the midst of construction this year), and I've learned a lot of lessons to apply for next time. And the kids had a lot of fun, which is the most important part.

This weekend we have a big family reunion. Fortunately it's in town, so no traveling required, and I think it will be a lot of fun. Rumor has it that there will be a bounce house for the kids, so Big Girl will go crazy and bounce until she has to be pulled away due to pending heat stroke. There will be many relatives who will be delighted to entertain Big Girl and/or Two, so I'll have the chance to engage in some adult conversation, too. I'll have work to do, since my branch of the family is helping to host this time, but I'm still looking forward to it.

At present, I'm sitting in Hubs' recliner while a box fan blows on me full-force. Lights are off, teevee is on something mindless, and I have a few hours to relax before Big Girl's final swim class. She doesn't know it yet, but I got her a gift to celebrate her excellent work over the last two weeks in swimming. She will love it, I know, since she enjoys playing with my old ones when she's at my parents' house. It's a My Little Pony, a purple unicorn named Rarity.

No comments: