Saturday, March 1, 2008

Back to the blog...

I haven't written anything for a few days - I was traveling for my grandfather's funeral and then I just didn't know what to write. I think that seeing my mom and my grandmother hurting is almost as hard to deal with as his death itself. I wish that I could do something to ameliorate their pain, and I wish I had taken more time to talk to Pop, to ask him questions about his life, to hear stories, to capture more about him before it was lost. I wish I had taken more time to be around him.

Big girl is parked next to my desk chair for a bit of coloring and this new strange game she plays, where she turns legos upside down and puts crayons in the holes and arranges the legos and drives them around. So many interesting things going on in that beautiful little mind, and sometimes I don't understand any of it. But it's fascinating to watch her talk to herself and invent these conversations between toys and narrate the things that she's doing.

Baby boy is napping - it's hard work inspecting all of the tractors and entertaining your relatives at the family farm all morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:( Big hugs, there's just nothing easy about it.