Friday, April 11, 2008

Big Day

I've been slightly less maniacal about posting this week, but I have a good excuse. I've been cleaning the house a bit, and then today I'm starting my new job. It's a part-time gig, so I'll still have plenty of time to blather on about nothing on this blog. I'm excited to try something new, and I'll be working in the same office as a lot of people I know and like, so hopefully this will be a very good situation for me. I'll still be teaching tomorrow's "leaders" at the local mecca of higher learning in spring and fall as well - that's only part-time too, so the two jobs will fit nicely together and still leave me plenty of time with the Big Girl and Two.

Speaking of Two, he's very persistent. He's trying to close my laptop for me, so I'll watch him drive his truck across the carpet. Big Girl and her baby dolls (dressed up in some of her clothes that she naughtily pilfered from her drawers) are dancing to this morning's kid-friendly selection, an old Phil Collins cd. Good times. I think I'll start making music, instead of Noggin, a part of our morning routine. They're not so zombie-fied and they don't throw tantrums when I interrupt music listening to get them dressed and wash the breakfast crumbs from their faces.

The sun is rising outside. It's getting hot in Georgia, y'all. Thank goodness for a/c and box fans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun today!!!!