Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Really useful site (wouldn't Sir Topham Hatt be proud?)


My BFF shared a cool item from Lifehacker with me this morning - the site is called Foodsel, and it offers some interesting ways to view the food you're eating. In addition to lots of nice nutrient info, it shows the amount of exercise (of different types, including things like pushing a child in a stroller) required to burn off the calories, and it puts things like fat content in terms of sticks of butter. So we can learn interesting things, like the fact that one of my beloved Chick-fil-a sandwiches contains 40.29 g of fat, equal to about 0.4 butter sticks. Yummy!

So, I think I'll keep referring to this site when I feel the urge to eat chocolate at bedtime, and I'll remember it fondly as I drive past Burger King and fail to stop for a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit. But then, knowing me, I'll just pull in at the Sonic a few yards down the street and get something just as bad. I guess I should be glad that the Chick-fil-a is on the other side of town or I'd be there more often than I already am.

No comments: