Monday, September 1, 2008

New show looks promising

I watched the first episode of Raising the Bar this evening, and I think it looks promising, if it can avoid being too formulaic. I was a little surprised at the ease with which I accepted Mark-Paul Gosselaar in a serious role, but, indeed, he did a good job at selling his character. His hair is somewhat distracting. I'm also interested to see what Jane Kaczmarek, who plays a strong-willed, somewhat biased judge, and Gloria Reuben, who plays the boss of Gosselaar's public defender character Jerry Kellerman, do with their characters. I think both have potential, and I hope that the writing and plot will allow Gloria Reuben to do some really good acting. Kaczmarek's judge seems a little flat so far, but hopefully subsequent shows will give her greater depth and dimension. If you're interested, you can read more about the show at CNN.

No comments: