Monday, September 1, 2008

I get by with a little help from my friends...

Big Girl and Two are both super-keen to be helpers whenever I start doing housework. Considering how much I hate to clean house, this is a tremendous delight, because I can't complain quite so much when someone small is helping me carry laundry to the washing machine. Big Girl is getting very good at sorting lights and darks for me, too. And if his sister is doing it, well, that means Two must participate.

So this afternoon they've been helping me with laundry, standing nearby and discussing things while I do dishes (because I'm not quite ready for help with that task), and generally following me around the house. Except for Big Girl's brief lesson with her dad: I came upon him teaching Big Girl to say the first words of the Gettysburg Address. Not sure what inspired it, but she's pretty good! I think this is his way of getting her to work on pronouncing words correctly. ;)

No comments: